Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I am seeing spots

For my first manicure post I decided to show a mani that I did recently using 10 (!) different colours. This was a design inspired by an Aboriginal dot painting I found:

The difference in the colours is very subtle, I guess this would be considered a monochrome manicure. Here is my take on it:

Manicure inspired by dot painting
(P.S. please excuse the nasty scratch)
To achieve this look I started by creating a watermarble using China Glaze Sea Spray, Secret Peri-wink-le and Flyin' High. Once the design was dry to the touch I added some dots using dotting tools of various sizes. Please leave comment if you'd like to know the polishes I used for this, there were too many to remember right now, but I think I wrote them down somewhere *wink*.

So there you have it - my own take on artwork. I hope you too will be inspired by these beautiful paintings.

7 comments:

  1. Cats and nails? Yes please! Your cats are adorable, and what a great mani to start blogging with, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing! It looks like it took a looong time too! Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing!! I'm starting to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you - I will be posting more design inspired by artwork shortly))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...